Anyone not able to attend the Auction to make their own bids may utilise the facilities available for telephone, internet or written (proxy) bids on the following Terms and Conditions in addition to the Buyer’s Terms.
1. The Bidder must complete a separate authority form for each Lot involved, and provide a separate Banker’s Draft or Building Society Draft or Debit Card details (cleared funds) relevant to the method of sale (unconditional, unconditional with reservation fee or conditional with reservation fee) as outlined in the Payment Requirements Section of this form.
2. The form must be hand delivered, posted or emailed to the relevant auction office to arrive prior to the auction day. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to check that the form is received by SDL Auctions and this can be done by telephoning the office.
3. Due to money laundering obligations we require two forms of identity for the bidder and buyer (if different), one photo identification i.e passport or driving licence and one proof of address i.e bank statement or utility bill, no more than 3 months old. By signing this agreement you understand that we will undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. This system allows us to verify you from basic details using electronic data, however it is not a credit check of any kind so will have no effect on you or your credit history. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
4. The Bidder shall be deemed to have read the ‘Buyer’s Terms’, the particulars of the relevant Lot in the Catalogue and the General and the full legal pack including the Special Conditions of Sale. The Bidder shall be deemed to have taken all necessary professional and legal advice and to have made enquiries and have knowledge of any announcements to be made from the rostrum and any of the addendum relating to the relevant Lot. The addendum can, and should, be checked by visiting our website www.sdlauctions.co.uk or at the Auction prior to bidding.
5. In the case of telephone bids, at about the time the Lot comes up for auction, attempts will be made to contact the Bidder by telephone and, if successful, the Bidder may then compete in the bidding through the Auctioneer’s staff.
The Bidder accepts that such contact is at the Bidder’s risk and in the event that the telephone or internet link is not established, or breaks down, or there is any confusion or disruption, then the Bidder will not be able to participate in the Auction. The Auctioneer will not be held responsible for instructions or authorisations given to them which are unclear or incomplete and these bids will not be accepted. If it is impossible to obtain telephone contact or the link breaks down, the Auctioneer is authorised to continue to bid on behalf of the telephone bidder up to the maximum bid stated on this form. If internet connection is lost the Auctioneer is authorised to continue to bid on behalf of the internet bidder up to the maximum bid stated on this form.
6. In the case of internet bidding, all bidders who have registered can commence bidding when the intended Lot is being offered, however SDL Auctions do not take any liability or responsibility should there be any interruption or suspension of internet services.
7. In the case of written bids, SDL Auctions staff will compete in the bidding up to the maximum of the authorisation. If no maximum is inserted, SDL Auctions will not bid. SDL Auctions do not guarantee to regulate the bidding so that the maximum authorised bid actually falls to the written bidder.
8. SDL Auctions reserve the right not to bid on behalf of the telephone/written/ internet Bidders in the event of any error, doubt, omission, uncertainty as to their bid, or for any reason whatsoever, and give no warranty, or guarantee, that a bid would be made on behalf of the Bidder and accept no liability.
9. In the event that the telephone/written or internet bid is successful the Auctioneer will sign the Contract for Sale or Reservation Agreement on behalf of the Bidder (a Contract having been formed on the fall of the hammer).
10. In the event of a contract the deposit monies will be applied so far as necessary to meet the requirement for a 10% or 5% deposit (whichever is applicable) subject to a minimum of £5,000 per Lot, plus the Buyer’s Fee or Reservation Fee (whichever is applicable), however if monies are received over the relevant deposit amount, this will result in the purchaser paying a lesser sum on completion.
11. Once delivered to the Auctioneer the authority to bid is binding on the Bidder up to 8.00pm on the day on which the particular Lot is auctioned. This is to allow for the possibility of a Seller agreeing to sell post auction where the bidding has not reached the reserve.
12. The authority can only be withdrawn by notification in writing delivered to the auction office by 4pm the day before the Auction or into the hands of the Auctioneer in the Auction Room half an hour before the start of that day’s auction. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to obtain a receipt on a copy of the withdrawal notification signed by one of the Auctioneers and without such a receipt the authority stands and any successful contract is binding on the Bidder.
13. If the Bidder, or an agent, actually bids at the Auction without having previously withdrawn the authority, the Auctioneer is at liberty to accept such bid in addition to any bid from SDL Auctions staff as empowered under the telephone/written/internet authority. SDL Auctions would have no liability whatsoever if the price achieved is the result only of this competition in bidding without intervention from other bidders.
14. The receipt of a telephone, written or internet bid shall not in any way hinder the right of the Seller to withdraw any Lot or to sell prior to auction to a third party and neither the Seller nor SDL Auctions shall be under any liability to the telephone or written Bidder in the event that the Lot is not offered at the Auction.
15. The Auctioneer may disclose to the Seller the existence of these instructions but not the amount of the maximum bid.