WHAT ARE COOKIES?
The cookies on our website are either:
- Essential. These are either needed for communication to take place over a network or are necessary to provide the service you are requesting (our website cannot function without them). In such cases, we are not required by law to obtain your consent before these are placed on your device; or
- Non Essential. You can use our website without enabling these cookies, however we highly suggest that you agree to activate these on your device whilst you browse. Some Non-Essential cookies improve our website’s functionality, so you experience our website at its best; others help us to understand how you use our website for analytics purposes or provide you with targeted advertising. The types of Non-Essential cookies we use are listed in this policy.
THE TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
We use three types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies, that are deleted after each visit
- Persistent/tracking cookies, that remain in place across multiple visits to our websites and which may involve third-party providers. By accepting Non-Essential cookies, your device data will be shared with the third parties listed below.
Session cookies are enabled on your device for the duration of your browsing session until you leave our website. They are not stored on your device. We operate both Essential, and Non-Essential session cookies. All session cookies are recommended in order for you to experience the best functionality whilst using our website.
Most of our session cookies operate solely using our own internal software, although others operate with the following third parties, who will receive data regarding your device’s visit to our site including for the following purposes:
- LinkedIn- Remembers your selected language;
- Hubspot- Sends data to the marketing platform ‘Hubspot’ about your device and behaviour during the session and tracks you across devices and marketing channels;
- Google Ads- Advertises our services to potential customers on Google. We bid on keywords relevant to our services, so that our website is promoted at the top of search results;
- Microsoft Clarity- Registers a unique ID to identify your device. This can used in future to identify you on return visits across websites that use the same ad network, to allow for targeted advertising;
- Facebook- Deliver advertisements of products such as real-time bidding; and
- Yomdel- Used as part of our live chat function on our website to distribute traffic across several servers and optimise response times.
Persistent cookies remain on your device after you leave our website. We use the following Non-Essential persistent cookies our website, including for the following purposes and retain data from them for the following periods:
- LinkedIn- used by the social networking service for tracking the use of embedded services and data analysis. Duration: 2 years
- Livechatinc- used to optimise the chatbox function by identifying you across devices and repeat visits to our website. Duration: 2 years
- Microsoft Clarity- collects data on your navigation and behaviour on our website, including on repeat visits, to compile statistical reports and heatmaps, including to measure efficiency and effectiveness of our advertising. Duration: 1 year
- Hubspot Analytics- sets a unique ID for your session which allows our website to collect information on your habits/behaviour for statistical purposes. Duration: 1 year
- Hotjar- enables us to create heat maps and record visits to the site and watch these back to enable us to learn more about user journeys and how visitors are really using the website. Duration: 1 year
- Google Analytics- enables us to track how popular a site is and to record visitor trends over time. Contacts your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the website from and track your page visits within the site. Duration: 36 months
- Bing- tracks your interaction with our website’s search bar function and present you with relevant products/services. Duration: 1 year
The data these cookies collect is anonymised. The only device-specific data collected is:
- IP address (captured and stored in an anonymized format);
- Screen resolution;
- Type of device (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type;
- Geographic location (country only);
- Preferred language
CHANGING COOKIE SETTINGS
You can change your cookie settings to withdraw your consent at any point by blocking cookies through your browser settings. You can block both Essential and Non-Essential cookies, but please note that blocking Essential cookies will reduce the functionality of our website, and blocking Non-Essential cookies may similarly negatively impact your user experience.
For more information about cookies visit the Information Commissioners’ website www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact the Data Protection Officer for SDL Property Auctions, Abigail Selwood at: email@example.com.