14th May 2020
Statement regarding viewings and valuations
Statement from Andrew Parker, Managing Director and Auctioneer at SDL Auctions
Issued: Thursday 14th May 2020
Following the Government’s announcement on Tuesday evening, I am pleased to inform our customers that from Monday 18th May we will be able to carry out viewings and valuations on our residential lots in England.
My priority is the safety and wellbeing of our team and customers and while we have been given permission to carry out viewings, we will only do so if it is safe, and where we are able to maintain social distancing measures.
In accordance with the Government’s guidance we ask that you please inform us prior to our appointment if you, or anyone you have been in contact with, have had or suspect you have had COVID-19. In such cases it may be necessary to consider additional measures other than those detailed below.
Our customers can be assured of a fast and faff-free sale or purchase with the following measures adopted:
Government legislation has limited viewings to a maximum of 15 minutes and to only a limited number of people from the same household, so we request you please observe this requirement. This restriction means your viewing appointment and allotted time will have to be stuck to rigidly, so please arrive on time or you will have less time in the property or potentially miss out the opportunity to view.
Our viewings will be conducted as follows:
- Our key holder will observe social distancing of two metres in line with Government guidance and we respectfully request that you also do the same at all times. If Government guidance dictates, our key holders will be wearing a face mask. Most empty properties are unlikely to have running water and therefore no hand washing facilities will be available. Please bring with you appropriate hand sanitiser to use prior to entering the property and to apply when you leave.
- In order to minimise any risk of cross contamination and to maintain social distancing we would request that you enter the property on your own.
- To help reduce the need for you to touch surfaces, handles, doors and windows, prior to you entering the property our key holder will open all internal and external doors to all areas of the property. This will include cupboards housing boilers etc, garages and any outbuildings and will be carried out either while wearing gloves or following and appropriate hand sanitation process.
- Once the viewing is complete and you have vacated the property, our key holder will re-enter the property to ensure that all doors, windows etc. are closed / locked accordingly.
- Discussions about the viewing should be conducted outside the property with a minimum distance of two metres maintained at all times. If more appropriate, or the weather does not permit the conversation to be held outdoors, the results of the viewing can be conducted by telephone or video call.
All viewings can be booked on our website HERE, you do not need to ring the office to book your appointment. Simply select the property you wish to view and there will be an option to book a viewing or view the video tour. The catalogue for our next National Property Auction on Thursday 28th May will be launched tomorrow.
Our valuations will be conducted as follows:
- Our valuer will meet the vendor at the property to conduct the appointment and will observe social distancing of two metres in line with Government guidance and we respectfully request that vendors also do the same at all times. If Government guidance dictates, our key holders will be wearing a face mask.
- To help reduce the need for our valuer to touch surfaces, handles, doors and windows we ask vendors to please open all internal and external doors to all areas of the property, that will need to be inspected. This will include cupboards housing boilers etc, garages and any outbuildings.
- Once the property has been made ready, the vendor should vacate the property and allow our valuer to inspect the property alone.
- Once the valuation is complete and the valuer has vacated the property, the vendor can re-enter the property to ensure that all doors, windows etc. are closed / locked accordingly. Our valuers have been instructed to avoid touching any doors, windows, handles or surfaces.
- Discussions about the valuation should be conducted outside the property with a minimum distance of two metres maintained at all times. If more appropriate, or the weather does not permit the conversation to be held outdoors, the results of the valuation can be conducted by telephone or video call.
The SDL Auctions team are continuing to work remotely via their usual telephone numbers, providing the same high level of service that buyers, sellers and estate agent partners expect. To find out more about selling your property and to request a non-contact valuation, call the team on 0800 304 7879 or CLICK HERE to fill in our simple online form.
Please note that the current guidance with regards to viewings and valuations is only applicable for residential properties in England and therefore we are still unable to carry out inspections on commercial properties and those located in Scotland and Wales.
Whilst we appreciate these precautions may feel rather awkward, we are committed to playing our part in conducting a safe but still comprehensive valuation service whilst minimising risk where possible.
We thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.