15th August 2013
September Derby catalogue launched
15th August 2013 – Graham Penny Auctions, the Midlands number one property auctioneer*, has today launched its biggest property catalogue of the year so far for its next auction on Thursday 5th September at Pride Park Stadium.
The catalogue is packed with 83 residential and commercial properties and land from across Derbyshire and further afield including a number of investment homes, a former private members club, a chip shop and a hotel.
Graham Penny, auctioneer and director at Graham Penny Auctions, commented: “Our latest catalogue is not only strong in terms of the number of lots we have on offer but also in terms of the types of properties available.
“We have city centre terraces, seaside retreats, urban family homes, building plots and commercial investments. There’s something for everyone and as the threat of rising prices continues, now really is the time to buy.”
Included in the September auction are:
- Lot 7: 9 Waldorf Avenue, Alvaston: A traditionally built two bedroomed semi-detached house in need of refurbishment renovation. The part uPVC double glazed living accommodation comprises side entrance with stairs to first floor, sitting room with bay window, kitchen diner with lean-to integral store. To the first floor the landing leads to two good sized bedrooms and a bathroom. To the front of the property there is a fore-garden with an adjacent driveway leading to the single detached garage. To the rear there is an enclosed mature garden. The guide price is £59,000+.
- Lot 18: 24 Cockayne Street South, Allenton: A three bedroomed gas centrally heated double glazed semi-detached house with parking, let on an assured shorthold agreement at a current rent of £375 pcm (£4,500 p.a.). The guide price is: £46,000+.
- Lot 37: Harwood House Hotel, 1 Chatsworth Road, Morecambe: An excellent opportunity to acquire a substantial property with 13 bedrooms, five en-suites and two bathrooms. The property is situated close to Morecambe Town Centre and Promenade. The guide price is: £87,000+.
- Lot 48: 103 Bath Street, Ilkeston: An opportunity to acquire a very substantial three storied mixed commercial and residential property which has planning consent for a scheme of alteration and conversion to form a retail unit at ground floor level, two large two bedroomed flats at first and second floor levels (with planning consent for a further flat in the roof space), and a rear yard with further brick outbuilding (part dilapidated) with planning consent for two additional residential units. There is a prospective tenant for the retail shop once conversion is complete. The guide price is £95,000+.
- Lot 54: Beaconsfield Club, 1 Wilson Street, Derby: An attractive three storey brick built property in the heart of the city, used for many years as a private members club, represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a substantial period property with extensive parking. The property lends itself to a wide variety of potential alternative uses including residential and other commercial opportunities, all of which would be subject to gaining the necessary planning consent. The guide price is £235,000+.
- Lot 76: Ambergate Traditional Chip Shop, Toadmoor Lane, Ambergate: An immaculate modern chip shop and restaurant representing a very rare opportunity for the take-away operator to acquire a ready to go fully equipped unit at a realistic price. The chip shop itself is fully equipped to a very high standard and has a kitchen which could be used for alternative types of take-away if desired. The guide price is £60,000+.
Graham added: “The market appears to be strengthening; we are experiencing a considerable increase in activity and interest in our properties and I’m confident of a busy auction room and several telephone bidders trying to secure a purchase.”
So far in 2013 Graham Penny Auctions has achieved more than £20m in sales including over £5m for each of past four consecutive auctions. With 21 auctions per year at Pride Park Stadium in Derby, Nottingham Racecourse and the King Power Stadium in Leicester Graham Penny Auctions dominates the region’s house and property auction market in terms of lots offered, lots sold and revenue raised and continues to stay well ahead of its rivals across the East Midlands.
The property catalogue for the Thursday 5th September auction at Pride Park Stadium can be viewed here: http://interactive.property-world.co.uk/grahampenny/september13.html.
*based on essential information group statistics. Based on lots offered, lots sold, revenue raised for 2012.