12th December 2014
Graham Penny Auctions sees out 2014 as the most successful in Derby
12th December 2014 – Graham Penny Auctions Derby has concluded its 2014 auction calendar on a high this week with its latest auction helping the firm total more than £34m in sales for its vendor clients this year – more than twice as much as its nearest competitor.
To view the results from the Derby December auction CLICK HERE
The auction, on Thursday 11th December at the iPro Stadium, saw 35 varied residential property, commercial property, land and other lots sell under the hammer in front of a packed room of bidders and the BBC’s Homes under the Hammer TV crew.
Graham Penny, auctioneer at Graham Penny Auctions, commented: “To end another year as the most successful auction house in Derby – and indeed the whole of the East Midlands – is a fantastic achievement. It’s wonderful to know that we are achieving the best prices for our vendor clients and demonstrating that selling by auction is a valid and profitable method of sale.”
Amongst the properties selling well in the auction room this month were:
- 6 Hardy Barn in Shipley, Heanor – a small two storied cottage property which was in need of a full scheme of repair and improvement which sold for £60,000 (*guide price: £43,000+).
- 19 Derby Road in Ripley – an attractive substantial semi-detached investment property with accommodation arranged over three floors which sold for £122,000.
- 61 Albert Road in Chaddesden – a small three bedroomed semi-detached house with no garage or off-road parking which sold for £86,000 (guide price: £65,000+).
- Barn off Town Street in Duffield – a detached barn, currently a shell of a building, constructed partly of natural stone and partly of brick, under a pitched slate roof with no consent for residential use which sold for £64,500.
- 18 Uplands Avenue in Littleover – a charming three bedroomed detached house with scope for extension (subject to planning consent) which sold for £165,000
Graham Penny Auctions dominates the region’s property auction market in terms of lots offered, lots sold and revenue raised and continues to stay well ahead of its rivals across the East Midlands. So far this year Graham Penny Auctions Derby has raised over £34m in sales for its clients, sold over 300 properties and achieved an 80 per cent success rate.
Graham added: “We are holding seven auction in Derby in 2015 and we are already inviting entries for our first on Thursday 19th February. I encourage anyone looking to sell in the New Year to contact us for a free appraisal. We anticipate our sale prices continuing to rise into 2015 – especially following the recent stamp duty changes – and with the transparency of auction sale and completions only taking 21 days, it really is the best way to sell property.”
To request a free property appraisal for the Thursday 19th February auction
call Graham Penny Auctions on 01332 242 880 or click here
*Each property is subject to a Reserve Price which may be different from the Guide Price. For full definitions click here