2nd August 2017
Five former bank branch offices at Midlands auction
Five former bank branch offices from across the Midlands will excite the market at SDL Auctions Bigwood’s next auction in Birmingham on Wednesday 6 September.
With just over a month to go before the auction, four NatWest properties in Leicestershire and another in Shropshire are already listed for sale.
Ian Tudor, head of commercial auctions at SDL Auctions, has invited more properties to join what he has predicted will be one of the busiest property auctions of the year, with buyers expected from across the country.
He said: “These are excellent, large properties in prime locations across the region, with all sorts of potential for future use, subject to necessary planning conditions, and we expect them to really excite the market.
“Other properties at the September auction will benefit from the fact that buyers will be attending from across the country for a chance of buying one of these former bank branch offices.”
The former NatWest Bank offices include:
- A freehold Grade II-listed property at 44-44a High Street, in Oakham, Leicestershire, occupying a prime retail pitch in the affluent county town, with a guide price* of £350,000 to £375,000.
- An attractive, timber-framed freehold property arranged over three storeys with a basement and large garden in the heart of the town centre at 16-20 High Street, Whitchurch, Shropshire. Guide price: £150,000 to £175,000.
- A freehold detached property at 47 Belvoir Road in Coalville, north west Leicestershire, in a popular town centre location with a car park for up to 14 cars. Guide price: £150,000.
- A prominent, three-storey, mid-terraced freehold property at 25 High Street, in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, with a rear garden and off-road parking. Guide price: £200,000 to £225,000.
- A freehold property in busy row of shops at 145 Evington Road, Leicester, in the Stoneygate suburb near the University of Leicester, with ground rent from a 125-year leased residential apartment on part of the first and the second floor. Guide price: £150,000 to £175,000.
The auction takes place in the Holte Suite at Aston Villa FC, Birmingham, starting at 11am on Wednesday 6 September.