5th January 2021
Coronavirus and our auctions
Andrew Parker, Managing Director and Auctioneer at SDL Property Auctions
Updated: 5th January 2021
As the country continues to adapt to Government restrictions, my priority continues to be the safety and wellbeing of our team, customers and their families.
Following the success of our monthly live-streamed National Property Auctions, we will continue with this format, holding auctions at the end of each month. You can find our full National Property Auction calendar here.
I will continue to conduct the National Property Auctions from our head office auction studio, alongside a small team managing the remote internet, proxy and telephone bids.
We are continuing to carry out viewings and valuations, however we will only do this in accordance with the current Government guidelines and where we are able to maintain social distancing measures.
We ask that you please inform us prior to our appointment if you, or anyone you have been in contact with, have had or suspect you have had COVID-19. In such cases it may be necessary to consider additional measures other than those detailed below.
- Our key holder will observe social distancing of two metres in line with Government guidance and will also be wearing a mask. We respectfully request that you also do the same at all times. Most empty properties are unlikely to have running water and therefore no hand washing facilities will be available. Please bring with you appropriate hand sanitiser to use prior to entering the property and to apply when you leave.
- In order to minimise any risk of cross contamination and to maintain social distancing we would request that you enter the property on your own.
- To help reduce the need for you to touch surfaces, handles, doors and windows, prior to you entering the property our key holder will open all internal and external doors to all areas of the property. This will include cupboards housing boilers etc, garages and any outbuildings and will be carried out either while wearing gloves or following and appropriate hand sanitation process.
- Once the viewing is complete and you have vacated the property, our key holder will re-enter the property to ensure that all doors, windows etc. are closed / locked accordingly.
- Discussions about the viewing should be conducted outside the property with a minimum distance of two metres maintained at all times. If more appropriate, or the weather does not permit the conversation to be held outdoors, the results of the viewing can be conducted by telephone or video call.
We are continuing to include video tours of our lots within the property details on our website. Please ensure you have viewed this video prior to making a request to book a physical viewing.
To book a viewing, please call our team on 0800 046 5454 or send an email request to email@example.com.
Our valuations will be conducted as follows:
- Our valuer will meet the vendor at the property to conduct the appointment and will observe social distancing of two metres in line with Government guidance and we respectfully request that vendors also do the same at all times. If Government guidance dictates, our key holders will be wearing a face mask.
- To help reduce the need for our valuer to touch surfaces, handles, doors and windows we ask vendors to please open all internal and external doors to all areas of the property, that will need to be inspected. This will include cupboards housing boilers etc, garages and any outbuildings.
- Once the property has been made ready, the vendor should vacate the property and allow our valuer to inspect the property alone.
- Once the valuation is complete and the valuer has vacated the property, the vendor can re-enter the property to ensure that all doors, windows etc. are closed / locked accordingly. Our valuers have been instructed to avoid touching any doors, windows, handles or surfaces.
- Discussions about the valuation should be conducted outside the property with a minimum distance of two metres maintained at all times. If more appropriate, or the weather does not permit the conversation to be held outdoors, the results of the valuation can be conducted by telephone or video call.
The SDL Property Auctions team are continuing to work remotely via their usual telephone numbers, providing the same high level of service that buyers, sellers and estate agent partners expect. To find out more about selling your property and to request a non-contact valuation, call the team on 0800 046 5454 or click here to fill in our simple online form.
Please note that the current guidance with regards to viewings and valuations is only applicable for residential properties and therefore we are still unable to carry out inspections on commercial properties. If you are unsure about the restrictions in your area, we recommend using this online tool.
Whilst we appreciate these precautions may feel rather awkward, we are committed to playing our part in conducting a safe but still comprehensive valuation and viewing service whilst minimising risk where possible.
We thank you for your co-operation.