9th May 2019
Birmingham auction to attract property investors from far and wide
A range of houses with a *guide price of less than £60,000 are among the homes going under the hammer at SDL Auctions Bigwood’s next Birmingham auction.
The five terraced properties and one semi-detached house are among the 81 residential and commercial lots featured in the auctioneer’s latest catalogue, which includes a wide range of properties due to be sold at Villa Park on Thursday 23 May as well as those being sold by online auction.
Auctioneer Rory Daly, said: “We have a wide variety of lots going under the hammer this month, including some with a low guide price which should attract a lot of interest.”
Five of the under-£60,000+ properties require refurbishment so are likely to appeal to investors looking to add value to a property before selling on or renting to tenants.
- 15 Franchise Street, Wednesbury, a two bedroomed end-terrace which requires refurbishment and has a has a guide price of £25,000+;
- 12 Waterworks Street, Gainsborough, A traditional two bedroomed mid-terraced house in need of modernisation with a guide price of £30,000+;
- 31 Prosser Street, Wolverhampton, a two bedroomed period mid-terraced house with two reception rooms and a guide price of £40,000+;
- 92 Chichester Avenue, Dudley, a two bedroomed mid-terrace property requiring refurbishment, with a guide price of £55,000+;
- 2 Pond Crescent, Parkfields, Wolverhampton, a four bedroomed semi-detached home requiring some upgrading with a guide price of £55,000+.
A further property is more suitable as a long-term investment as it is currently let on a regulated tenancy, with the tenant having been in the property for more than 50 years. 32 William Cook Road, Birmingham is let at £4,200 per year and has a guide price of £55,000+.
There is a good range of flats and apartments in the under-£60,000+ price bracket, too, including Flat 7, Tudor House, Bridge Street, Walsall, a one bedroomed second-floor leasehold flat close shops and amenities, currently let at £4,500 and with a guide price of £32,000+. Another is 7 New Meeting Street, Oldbury, a one bedroomed ground floor flat which requires upgrading and has a guide price of £40,000+.
These are just a fraction of the properties being sold by SDL Auctions Bigwood, which has been the largest and most successful auctioneer in the West Midlands for more than 10 years running and draws investors and private buyers from all over the country.
Rory said: “We are proud to be the biggest auctioneer in the West Midlands, successfully matching sellers with our wide network of buyers each month through the transparency of the auction process. There is no hassle with auction, and no lengthy chains either, which is why it’s such a popular way to buy and sell property.”
Larger homes going under the hammer include 82 Webb Lane, Hall Green, Birmingham, a detached four bedroomed house with a shared gated driveway and a guide price of £275,000+, and 33 Wood Lane, Willenhall, an extended and refurbished three bedroomed semi with a guide price of £150,000+.
For landlords seeking a healthy rental income, a House in Multiple Occupation, 196 High Street, Pensnett, Brierley Hill, has recently been redeveloped to an extremely high standard and has a guide price of £200,000. It has four lettable rooms which could earn £20,000 per year, and the potential for development at the side, subject to planning permission.
In addition to houses and flats, the catalogue also features a range of commercial and mixed-used properties, development opportunities and plots of land. All the properties, whether being sold at Villa Park on Thursday 23 May or via online auction, can be viewed at www.sdlauctions.co.uk.
* Each property is subject to a Reserve Price which may be different from the Guide Price. For full definitions see www.sdlauctions.co.uk/glossary.