6th September 2013
Biggest Derby Auction of the year
6th September 2013 – Graham Penny Auctions, the Midlands number one property auctioneer*, enjoyed its biggest auction of the year so far this week in front of a packed auction room and the Homes Under the Hammer TV crew.
The top five selling properties on the day went for a combined 56 per cent over their reserve prices – with one property reaching a huge 112 per cent over its reserve price.
Graham Penny, auctioneer and director at Graham Penny Auctions, commented: “Our biggest auction catalogue didn’t disappoint; with 77 residential and commercial property and land lots on offer we had a crowded room of over 300 people, plus telephone and proxy bidders.
“The diverse range of properties in our auction this week including investment properties, commercial premises and building plots obviously helped to drive bids in the room and ensured we had some happy vendors on the day.”
The top five biggest selling properties on auction day were:
- Lot 1: 14 Willn Street, Derby – a two bedroomed townhouse requiring a scheme of full renovation and improvement. Sold for £53,000.
- Lot 2: 5 Gladstone Road, Spondon – a one bedroomed townhouse with scope for improvement and modernisation. Sold for £51,500.
- Lot 22: Flat 27, Kedleston Court, Park Farm, Allestree – a one bedroomed second floor flat. £51,000.
- Lot 75: 58 Grange Street, Burton upon Trent – a three bedroomed terraced house requiring modernisation and refurbishment. Sold for £72,500.
- Lot 82: 119 Rykneld Road, Littleover – an extended three bedroomed detached house requiring a scheme of updating and improvement. £133,000.
Entries are now invited for the next Derby auction on Thursday 17th October. To request a free property appraisal click here
*based on essential information group statistics. Based on lots offered, lots sold, revenue raised for 2012.